A perfect, foggy day

I'm sitting here on a cold, Sunday afternoon, watching Levi and Scott play in the yard. I'm usually playing right there with them, but sometimes they go off on their own little adventures. Mom doesn't ALWAYS have to be there. It's so fun to see their relationship grow, they are such fast friends.


Anyway, this past week was basically magical. It was SO WARM. On Wednesday we had planned to go to the zoo, but the weather just wasn't quite sunny enough to make the trek, so we decided to keep it local. Levi had been wanting to see Ducks alllll morning, so I figured we would hop in the car for a trip to Pickerington Ponds Metro Park. It was foggy, warm, and damp, and the sound of tree peepers filled our ears, it was absolutely magical. He ran ahead, picking up rocks and sticks when the mood struck, and we made our way to the pond to look for some Ducks and Geese. As soon as we stopped at the fence, two Canadian Geese honked and glided into the water. (I feel like I should clarify, that I hate geese. I find them mean and disgusting) but Levi LOVES them, so I love them. We watched them so intently, and as they moved along the pond, we followed.
But, all good things come to an end. When he was done with the Geese, he ran back to the empty parking lot and refused to leave. I'm not even joking. He wanted to explore the parking lot forever. I tried in vain to get him to leave, even picking him up and carrying him back into the park, but he just ran back. oy vey. But lunchtime eventually came, so we headed home.









He wanted to touch them SO BAD. 



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!