Hello March!!

Cardinals are by far my favorite bird in Winter. They aren't too shy to come to a bird feeder, they have a wonderful contrast to the white snow and I don't you can be an Ohioan without loving them, after all, they are our state bird. I'm thinking I need to plant a really tall tree outside our window and bring a cardinal into the city to live in it. I honestly wouldn't get anything done, I would just stare at it all day. I wish that I had been able to capture a their beauty better in these photos, but the conditions just weren't that great, so these were the best I got.




Anywho...The snow is finally about 98% gone in the city and it's glorious. It's hard walking everywhere on snow/ice covered sidewalks. It's supposed to snow several inches on Monday, so I'm really hoping they're wrong, I'm ready for more of the warmer weather we had last weekend!

We really enjoyed the 55 degree weather last weekend. We started it off by having our new couch delivered!!!! I can't even describe how ecstatic we are. I actually LOVE our living room now. It's so cute and cozy! After an afternoon of waiting for the delivery guys, that night we met up with Scott's former boss from Cincinnati! She was visiting the city with her husband and invited us out to dinner. We went to a nice Mexican restaurant, Dos Caminos in mid-town. It was so great to catch up with them for a few hours. We had a lot of laughs, and the Salted Caramel Tres Leches dessert was incredible! They were our first non-family visitors we have met up with so far, I'm excited to see who else we run into.

Sunday, was the perfect day to walk back from church through Central Park. We came across a junior figure skating competition so we stayed and watched for a while. There were some really talented young ladies! The park was packed with people. We even passed an elderly man who was sitting atop a large rock off the path, he had his shoes and jacket off and was lounging while eating some Chinese Takeout (Now that's the life). We capped off our weekend with a nice dinner with some of our new friends at their apartment. We brought a salad complete with home made cilantro/lime dressing (yuuum). We had a great time hanging out and playing with their little girl.

Well, I have a wonderful weekend! We are so far, Scott spent this morning having coffee with the guys from our small group and I'm meeting up with the girls for breakfast before church tomorrow. :)

Until Next Time,

Lauren Marie


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!