This was definitely a different Easter, a special Easter. This time, we weren't really sure what we would do, other than go to church. Thankfully, it ended up being a splendid weekend full of friends and lots of love.
Friday night, Scott and I started the weekend off with a bang. First, our favorite hamburger restaurant Smashburger opened up their first NYC store, so we had had dinner there (I'm sure, first of many). It was glorious! It tasted like home. Our church held a Good Friday service at their Union Square location, in a church building they rent in the evenings from another denomination. We had never been, but how hard could it be to look up? At 7:01, we walk up the stairs to St. George's and are staring at two men in robes. We look at each other and slowly back down the stairs....this can't be the place. Even though they hold it in a Episcopal church building, they are definitely not Episcopalian. We soon discover, that there is yet another St. George's church on the other side of Union Square (what?). So, after more, more and more walking, we finally arrived to the beautiful candle lit service, 17 minutes late. hey, at least we got there.
On Saturday, I joined several of our friends to hang out in the north end of Central Park. We brought blankets and snacks and watched the kids play for several hours. Scott and a couple of other friends had to either work or study that day, so they were missed. But, I'm sure we will have more days like this as the summer progresses. We had a lot of fun.
We celebrated Easter Sunday at our church on the Upper East Side. It was wonderful to worship with our church family and celebrate our risen Lord. After an Easter egg hunt on the roof for the littles, a group of us celebrated Easter Mexican style at Cilantro, their favorite Mexican Restaurant.
I love our community of friends. The only way any of us can live in a huge city full of strangers without feeling lost, is treating our group like family. It's truly amazing. We feel so close to them already, we are all so far away from our families (Georgia, Tennessee, Oklahoma, California...) so we lean on each other in big ways. We need them and they need us. It's really a beautiful thing.
The Rooftop of our church
Our nearby park had a community easter egg hunt!
I really love the old water towers that dot the roofs all over the city (our building even has one!)
A perfect day for flying a kite!
I love hangin' with this precious girl!!!!
Dad and his girl Tessa
mom and daughter
Don't look at me like that....I will eat you and I will enjoy it.
Praising God and thanking him for his blessings every day!
Lauren Marie
~~Now I think I'm going to raid Target for their clearance candy...






No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!