"Why yes, that is dog slobber all over my pants" and other thoughts on life.

It's warm...kinda...and it just might stay!

Monday was soooo warm! Finally, for the first time in months I was happy to just be walking around outside. I even went and slept on a giant rock in central park for an hour before meeting Scott for and outdoor lunch. I literally have so many amazing plans for Spring and Summer. I've just been waiting and waiting for warm weather.


So, I'm still walking Connor and Sam. It's decent money and gets me out of the apartment every day. It's really the perfect gig for me right now. I've met a lot of nice residents in the area (along with A LOT crazies). I've realized that I've committed to having dog slobber all over my clothes each week. Every Monday, I usually pick one pair of pants that are my 'dog walking pants' that gets increasingly dirtier as the week progresses. Sam's favorite thing to do, other than eating trash and chasing smells, is shaking his head with wild abandon, sending massive globs of spit into the air that I try to dodge, I'm sure I look hilarious.

I haven't started looking for a job yet. I was going to start, but we both felt it was better to wait a while, since Scott isn't in school and I am making a little income. It's been nice, because we've had and are continuing to have visitors and trips home and I know that my plans would be seriously hindered if I had to worry about PTO. I had intended to look at the beginning of summer, but then all of these amazing trips and fun things came out of the wood work, so again we punted it to the end of summer. We have some friends who work in catering that have offered me a gig, just to help out. Unfortunately, I was unavailable, but I might help cater a gala or two, if they need my help again, it would be nice to put a new experience under my belt. It's also been great to have the extra time to help out our friends with children. I've babysat for a couple hours a few times when they had some scheduling conflicts during the day. Once Scott starts school that will be a great time to start a job, so I'll start looking in a couple of months. 

With the long and drawn out winter, we've been catching up on a lot of shows. Our new favorite is NCIS! We never thought about watching it, but then Scott's parents fell in love with it and told us how awesome it was. So it was on our radar, but we couldn't find it on Netflix or anywhere! But! Hope was not lost. Liz and Rick bought the first 3 seasons for us! We flew through the seasons and have already bought 4-6 and will start them soon. So, Scott and I just wanted to let you both know, that we are loving it and thanks from the bottom of our hearts. We love you. 
On Cats: When our little kit gets his occasional hairball, it is so sad. He gets this horrible, apologetic and scared look in his eyes right before it happens. Thankfully we have all hardwood floors so cleaning up the mess is ridiculously easy. Except for when he doesn't just puke on the floor. The other night Scott and I are sitting on the couch and he starts coughing in the middle of the floor. We've learned to just let it happen because he'll get scared and run under the bed or somewhere impossible to reach. But this time he turned around and proceeded to vomit directly on the extension cord plug-in...REALLY??? WHY???? Scott was my hero, and cleaned that one up. GROOOSSSS.

One of the cool things about living in the city, is having an impromptu date night with friends. Last week at 7:45pm, our friends, Jen and Tyler (who live 4 blocks away) texted to see if we wanted to go out to eat...in like a half an hour (btw...everyone eats really late here). We obviously accepted (because they are awesome), and met them at the end of our block, and made the whole 1 minute commute to the other side of our block to eat at a restaurant they'd been wanting to try. It was such a great night hanging out and it literally took a minute of planning and a walking commute of 3 minutes max. You can't do that in the 'burbs.

Lastly, we are really excited about our next visitors. Jeff and Nikki are coming to stay for the weekend in just a few weeks!!! It's been on our radar for months that they wanted to come in the spring. We were so excited when they called with dates and plane tickets. It should be gorgeous weather and the trees will be in full bloom. We've already been planning all the places we want to eat and see. It will be great seeing them again!

PS. If you haven't noticed...I LOVE taking photos of nature. I hope you don't mind looking at a copious amounts of flowers and trees. :)
New York has 3 kinds of Squirrels. Grey, Brown and Black, and they are everywhere.
73 degrees and feelin' like a million bucks. #bestweatherever
Columbia University in the spring
Aren't these trees just incredibly gorgeous???

A rainy day in Northern Central Park

These were the first flowers I experienced this spring.
I was sooo incredibly overjoyed by their tiny beauty in the midst of a cold and grey atmosphere.
Our Little Kit




Faberge is doing a 'The Great Egg Hunt' at Columbus Circle, 
where they have all of these cool giant eggs everywhere.
No Filter. This tree was just THAT gorgeous.
Evening Walks and Camels
Cute Little Plant in the Rain
Serious Chess in Union Square
I loved the contrast this tree had to the rest of the neighborhood. 
It was the only tree with leaves and they were so vibrant.
These are my favorite daffodils.

Spring is in the air and so is love,

Lauren Marie

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!