MISSISSIPPI- IPPISSISSIM

Since I was in 4th grade, I've known how to speed spell Mississippi and then immediately spell it backwards really fast. It's nothing special, and any adult can think for a second and figure it out, but Scott was really impressed when I busted it out the other night. Apparently he didn't know I did that.

Anyway....
Dad is awesome. He is so awesome, he brought me and Lydia on his latest business trip. We spent the week soaking up the sun and drinking the thick air of Biloxi,  Mississippi. Not only did we pop over to New Orleans, Louisiana for the day (in my last post...), but our last full day there, we went in search of the perfect beach and found ourselves in Alabama, on Dauphin Island. It was well worth the hour drive.

We had a lot of fun. I was able to cross Mississippi off of my state list too! The resort we stayed in was really nice, and it had a Casino. This is the first time I've ever experienced a Casino. When I say 'experienced', I mean I walked around in my sweat shirt, getting carded at the entry 'every. single. time.' and watched Craps, Roulette and depressed people on the slot machines....oh and silently judging the horrible misuse of money.




It was truly fascinating. I watched a guy blow $6,000 in about 10 minutes. Trust me. If I could blow $6,000, it would NOT be for 10 minutes of boozing and gambling. No, I would definitely be in the middle of Kenya at Giraffe Manor, having my morning coffee with a freaking GIRAFFE....but that's just me. We all have our priorities.

The trip was uber relaxing and we had a lot of fun. The pool was great and Lydia and I made sure we soaked up the sun everyday. We spent several mornings over at the Hard Rock Hotel Starbucks for breakfast (I can't help it, I gotta have my Starbucks!)

Even though I'm 26, I'm glad that dad still invites me on his trips, we've made some great memories. He's been on so many business trips, but I have been lucky enough to tag along to Gatlinburg, Alabama and Savannah. Love you dad!!!!


Lydia and I got all 'dressed up' to go see The Fault in our Stars.
Quite possibly one of the best tear jerkers I've ever seen. 
John Green ripped out our hearts.
Hazel and Gus forever! :)


Army Strong!

'Okay...this time make a scared face!'

Dad visiting us at the pool, he borrowed my sunglasses. He's so stylish. 

After an afternoon of rain, we experienced the most incredible double rainbow we have ever seen!!
They were both vibrant and stretched completely across the sky! 


Dauphin Island, was a little treasure. It was super tiny, and only had beach houses on it. I believe it's probably the closest thing the Gulf will come to The Outer Banks.
There were a bunch of oil rigs out in the ocean too. It honestly, looked like something from a sci fi movie.



Dad forgot a beach towel....
so instead of sharing, he just brought over a plank to sit on. NBD





Lastly....my boys missed me so much. 
Remy gets really clingy to Scott when I'm gone. He sent me this photo on my first night away.

Tan and slightly burnt, 

Lauren Marie

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!