It's been pretty uneventful here, so I'm going to brag on my husband for a minute. Scott is working harder than ever, he leaves home at 8:30 every morning, walks 20 blocks to work, (Rain, Snow or Shine) then at 5pm, he gets on a crowded train for a 40 minute train ride with his ridiculously heavy book bag (I've lifted it before, it's ridiculous), sits for 3 hours in class and then after a 40 minute, crowded train ride back, he trudges 10 minutes home and arrives around 10pm. He works/studies 6 1/2 days a week and barely has anytime for himself. Yet, he still is the most caring, thoughtful, loving husband I could ever ask for and still tries to help me around the house when he can....and I usually don't let him! :)
I've been going to this ballet/cardio class with my friend, Jess. It's been really fun! It consists of 45 minutes of cardio/dancing, then we bring out the Ballet Bars and do Ballet stretches and poses. It shows just how out of shape I am. It also doesn't help that Jess was a Ballerina for most of her life, so all of her positions look, basically flawless, while I feel like a platypus or some sort ridiculous creature trying to create beautiful poses.
On Saturday, some friends and I participated in a charitable event in Harlem, called #takecareofharlem. (The hashtag is honestly part of the name). About 100 or so members of the community gathered and put together about 1,500 sandwiches and bagged lunches. The goal was 500, so the fact that we were 1,000 over, is pretty incredible. After packing, we all went out in teams around Harlem and basically walked up and down the sidewalk handing out lunches to anyone who was hungry. Our section happened to be by a Salvation Army food bank, so we were able to give a lot of the lunches to children and their parents waiting to get their food for the week. I thought it was a good experience, but I had wished it had been affiliated with a church, something I didn't know before going in. I believe that God can do good with anything, but caring for the peoples' souls and not just their stomachs is important. I would love to see something like this grow, but with a spiritual aspect. Whether that means, including bibles, or pamphlets in the lunches, or offering a prayer for a meal, or just simply trying to engage someone in conversation over a sack lunch.
Anyway, Thanksgiving is just a few days away and I'm SO EXCITED!!! I can't wait to see my family and eat Donatos. Oh yeah...and eat a Thanksgiving feast, that will be AMAZING! Then Donatos, Again. Scott and I have already mapped out our food schedule for the weekend. That's what happens when you move away from some of the greatest food in the entire world. The idea of eating Donatos twice in one weekend, is making me drool on my keyboard...next topic!
Family! I haven't seen my extended family since....well, probably since Liberty's graduation, but before that....LAST CHRISTMAS. That's just insane. I can't wait to see my Grandmother and all my Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. It will be wonderful to see everyone again.
Here are some obligatory Autumn Photos from Central Park...
Reflections from 'The Pool'
'The Pool' Again...my favorite part of the park.
I took these next photos about a week before the previous ones, you can see how much the colors changed in that short of time! Also, a sunny day sure helps a lot.
'The Pond' overlooking The Plaza
'The Pond'
'Bethesda Fountain'
"The Mall"
Love,
Lauren Marie


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!