Spring is here!


I think it's safe to say that spring is here! (I'm completely ignoring that it was 45 degrees yesterday...) The city is waking up, everything is in bloom and my mood is automatically better. As long as it's warm, I'm outside. Scott has spent most of the last two weekends studying, so I've brought him lunch. It's always a nice break in our day. I love seeing him. There always seems to be something happening on campus. Last weekend there was a dance competition with belly dancers, so I stayed around after lunch and watched, then meandered through a street fair. It was great to be outside in the sun. I even snagged a Cronut (croissant/doughnut) I had been CRAVING a donut for so long. Even though it looks like I eat a lot, I really should get an award for how much junk food I DON'T eat. 

All winter I've been aching to excersize, but there wasn't anywhere convenient to go, so as soon as it was warm, I was at the local track. I walked 2 miles. It felt good! Last week, I started a Pre-natal swim class in my neighborhood. It's really wonderful. There are few things that I love more than the water. It was so theraputic. It felt wonderful to feel weightless. It really loosened my joints and made me feel so relaxed. But, if you're pregnant, I warn you, after spending an hour in the water, you feel SOO HEAVY when you get out. It took me a few minutes to get used to my added weight again. No wonder my feet hurt all the time! I can't wait to get back in the water! 

Scott has only 3 more weeks of school and we are racing to the end. There is so much to do before June and everything is on hold until he finishes. Exam season is so tough and stressful and he handles it like a champ. It astounds me how smart he is and how much he can juggle. I mean, he's a Director of HR, has a full time course load AND has a crazy pregnant wife at home. It's crazy and I'm so proud. We just keep reminding ourselves that in 3 weeks, he will be done for the summer and only have 7 classes left and 2 semesters!!







A new coffee shop just opened ONE BLOCK from my place!!!! I went there 4 times in their first week. I'm clearly really excited! Note: the Pink coffee makers.

Coffee with friends.

 Trying to get fit in my last months of pregnancy because let's face it. There are 2 things you think about during your third trimester. 1- Your baby 2- FOOD. 

^Case in Point. FOOD.^

Littles barely leaves my side. It's like he knows things are about to change in a big way!



 Columbia is gorgeous in the spring.

 Sometimes you just have to say no to the fresh fruit and salad and go for a Cronut.

 This lady had such style. Of course, I had to take a photo.

 I felt guilty eating the Cronut, So I had a fresh fruit smoothie.

 Central Park

 So, right now my favorite snack is Nutella-Banana Toast. Drooooool.

 And....my favorite lunch right now. Pita, Hummus, Yellow Pepper, Cucumber, Onion, 
Grape Tomatoes and Feta.

 He honestly thinks I do the laundry just for him.


And...here we are at 31 Weeks and 6 days. Feeling huge and enjoying the weather. I brought Scott Chipotle for lunch today and we ate outside. :)





No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!