A much needed mom and daughter day...

twins!!
I just need to say something to the internet universe....



My mom is my favorite woman in the entire world. I've honestly never met a woman who is so kind, loving and caring. She is the strongest prayer warrior I have met. She is a kindred spirit and the best mom I could ask for. I just love her!

Okay....now that that is off my chest..... :)

This week was starting out to be just another work week with a few off days spattered throughout. (which I love by the way). I had planned on sitting on my butt on both days off and doing absolutely nothing, with no plans to speak of. But, then my mom called and said she had Thursday off. Immediately I have visions of girl talk, shopping and power walking through northern Kentucky flash through my mind. Mom MUST come and spend the night!! This would be the ultimate cure to my do-nothing-butt-sitting day off....just for a reference, this is what I did with my day off on Tuesday...

Yes, I went to Target, bought a Pumpkin Spice Latte at the Starbucks 
kiosk, walked around and ended up relaxing on the
 display chair, sipping my latte, Facebooking and people watching. 
Thrilling, I know.

Mom stayed Wednesday night and it was everything I dreamed. We relaxed that evening and the next day we slept in, had great conversation over breakfast, a refreshing walk in honeysuckle woods,  went to Panera for lunch, followed by some PSLs from Starbucks (and free pumpkin cookies!!) and some fun shopping. whew! What a great day!




It didn't last nearly long enough, but it was wonderful to have that time. I was sad to see her drive off, but we literally talked on the phone 5 times during her drive home. (if that doesn't constitute best friends, I don't know what does.) 

I love you mom!!!

xoxoxox



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!