Umm..no. I'm not having twins, although that would be AWESOME (just not in the city). I'm pretty sure that EVERY pregnant woman has heard that before and it makes me laugh. I just want to ask, " Thank you for saying that I'm huge, but haven't you ever seen a full term pregnant woman before?" I also love the "You're due in 1 week? oh..you're not going to make it til then!" My response is always "I sure hope not!"
But, I'm pretty sure Scott takes the cake for hearing by far, the WORST pregnancy comment of my 10 months. We were at a Starbucks after church, this truly bizarre woman locked onto us as we waited for our drinks and talked all about pregnancy and giving Scott a bunch of bogus tips. I excused myself to the the restroom (but not before she chastised me for taking the top of my cup in the restroom with me, even though it was going in my purse). When I came out, She was still talking to Scott. We finally parted ways and Scott filled me in on their conversation. Apparently, she decided that we were the appropriate couple to express her feelings on abortion and told us she was horrified that her dad thought it was not okay. She told Scott that she couldn't believe he would say something like that, after all, they are New Yorkers, we don't think like that! (word to the wise, my feelings on abortion aside, it is never appropriate to bring up such a sensitive subject with a stranger, let alone someone who is eagerly awaiting their first child). Since we're on the topic of...interesting women... we met this woman when we were out to eat at our favorite Thai restaurant this weekend. She was an interfaith wedding celebrant, and when we told her the name of our baby, she responded with "Oh my f**ing God, of course it is, of course!" Then she threw shade at her friend for calling us 'guys', offered us some interesting advice peppered with a a few more curse words, and left. But not before giving us her card so we could have a Naming Ceremony. Being pregnant in the middle of a city of 8.5 million people is definitely NOT boring! It makes for some interesting encounters, that's for sure.
So, anyway.....things are going well. So well, that he's STILL in there. Even though he can come at aaaannnyyytime. I'm anxious to see how much he weighs, they say he's the length of a watermelon, but I'm guessing he weighs as much as one too!
We've made it to the end and I feel like I'm just in the waiting game. All of our parties are over, we took our huge Babies R Us gift card on Saturday and went HOG. WILD. I'm not even joking. We had a huge gift card. I've honestly never seen Scott get so excited about shopping before. Everything is ready, we are just still waiting on all our furniture. Ikea has taken about 3 times as long as they should have delivering our stuff. It's not the end of the world, but I just don't want to be trying to assemble 3 huge pieces of furniture with a newborn in the apartment. I would rather just stare at my baby and do nothing but feed and change him...and take too many photos.
Well, now I'm going to go into his nursery, sink my slightly swollen toes into our luxurious area rug, sit in the glider, hug all his stuffed animals, and look at his bookshelf full of books. Because....I guess I'm excited. :)
We've made it to the end and I feel like I'm just in the waiting game. All of our parties are over, we took our huge Babies R Us gift card on Saturday and went HOG. WILD. I'm not even joking. We had a huge gift card. I've honestly never seen Scott get so excited about shopping before. Everything is ready, we are just still waiting on all our furniture. Ikea has taken about 3 times as long as they should have delivering our stuff. It's not the end of the world, but I just don't want to be trying to assemble 3 huge pieces of furniture with a newborn in the apartment. I would rather just stare at my baby and do nothing but feed and change him...and take too many photos.
Well, now I'm going to go into his nursery, sink my slightly swollen toes into our luxurious area rug, sit in the glider, hug all his stuffed animals, and look at his bookshelf full of books. Because....I guess I'm excited. :)


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!