Leading up to baby!

Even though our little guy is over a week old, I'm posting this because I finished it and never got to post it...but don't worry, this blog is about to explode with tons of cuteness!

The last five weeks have been quite the whirlwind! Scott finally finished his exams (he got all A's!!!), we drove home to Ohio for our baby shower, we hosted my siblings for Memorial Day weekend, we finally ordered our furniture from Ikea, we've bought sooo many things, and today (on his due date), we FINALLY finished our nursery! We basically did EVERYTHING that we should have been doing the last 4 months, in 5 weeks.

We have also tried to hit up a few date spots and things we wanted to do before our little guy comes. We scored some tickets to Shakespeare in the Park, we FINALLY saw Wicked at the Gershwin, and we've eaten out...ALOT. Here are a few iphone photos from the last few weeks...


We have chosen to give birth in New Jersey, so we can have a better birth experience. So, once a week I hike over to NJ via train and bus. It's quite a trek, but it's so worth it. 

Ice Cream in Englewood. Waiting on my bus to arrive. 



Jen and I waited in line for Free Shakespeare in the Park tickets. We saw the Tempest. This is definitely one of our very favorite things to do in the city. 




Our friend Adrienne, is adopting a little 5 year old boy from South Africa! She is leaving in a few weeks, so they opened up a One Day coffee shop to raise funds for her adoption. They had fantastic Cold Brew and live music!



I spent the day in Central Park a while back. I didn't want to miss the spring colors. As I was walking through the North Woods, I came across this little raccoon! He was just hanging out preening himself. I sat there and watched him for a while. He didn't seem to mind one bit.


The kits KNOW something is up. Oh if they only knew what is coming!

Scott has been practicing the car seat! We can't wait to put our baby in there!
Luckily, Rocky was there to help!


 Wicked on Broadway! It was incredible! 


We just washed ALL of our new baby stuff! Rory thought we laundered everything for him. Well I just have to get used to finding cat hair on my baby's stuff. hmph.




Scott's work threw us a bit baby shower! It was so great to finally meet everyone. About 40 people showed up for the catered lunch. They gifted us with a very generous Babies-r-us giftcard, and a few people gave us some gifts. It was so nice of them!

We went a little crazy at Babies-r-us! But it was so much fun to go on a little shopping spree. Plus, we still have money left over! We are so ready for our little fox!

If he doesn't fits, he still sits


I've been super into Grape Soda these last few weeks!

One of the few perks of being hugely pregnant, I can relax in my glider and watch Scott put together all of our furniture and fun baby things. 


Before we had furniture, I organized his bookshelf. I'm sure I will rearrange it a million times, but for now, we rolling with this. I'm so excited to read to him!

The only way we could figure how to celebrate 40 weeks of pregnancy, was a morning matinee of Jurassic World!

Okay, 40 weeks! I'm ready for this baby to get here! We are pulling out the old wives tales....how about some spicy food?? 

And here we are....40 Weeks and 3 Days...Come on baby DeHart!
This was on our way back from Englewood. We checked on baby, had a nonstress test, and found out our baby might be GIANT. 



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!