5th Annual DeHart Anniversary: Philadelphia!


It's crazy to me that we have already been married 5 years. It has been a wild and wonderful ride, and it's just starting! This year, we decided to head down to Philly for the weekend. I honestly had no idea if we would be able to go on a trip with a 2 month old, but we were willing to give it a shot. As you would have guessed, it was a lot of fun, and kinda insane at the same time. I mean, Come on. We took a 2 month old! But, it was surely a trip to remember!


Scott took Friday off and we took the Amtrak down to Philly. It was a bit stressful getting to the train, but we finally made it and found the perfect seats. Levi was getting fussy, so I promptly put my nursing cover on and nursed him, and two different women 'kindly' judged us for not having socks on his feet. Because, you know, he was apparentlly cold, and they knew more about our kid than we do. Newsflash, he wasn't. It was only about an hour and a half trip to the city, and once we arrived, we were able to get on their subway and head to our hotel for a much needed nap.

That night, we went out for wood fire pizza, and had ice cream on the river walk. The river walk was one of the coolest outdoor public spaces we've ever been too. It had neon lights in all the trees, there were hammocks, giant games, like Jenga and Chess, fountains you could wade in, and tons of food. The space was even monitored to make sure it stayed a safe and happy place. If you're ever in Philly, this place is a must!


The next day, we headed to Reading Terminal Market. This place was incredible. It was a crowded market with some of the best food around. I can't talk about it without mentioning Beiler's Bakery. I have to say, these were probably the best donuts EVER. I'm not even joking. Rarely a day goes by that I don't dream about their donuts. We ate  Philly Cheesesteaks, then spent the rest of the afternoon walking through downtown and into Old City.

After we made our way back to Old City, we took a much needed nursing/diaper changing break, then visited Benjamin Franklin's tomb, The Liberty Bell, and toured Independence Hall. It was incredible to be in such an important place. We stood in the room where the Declaration of Independence was signed, it was very moving, I definitely got chills.

After a long day of walking, we came back to the hotel and promptly put on our swim suits. I had bought one for Levi and had yet to use it. Thankfully, the pool was directly across from our hotel, so we popped over and gave Levi his first swim. It was amazing. Probably the best part of our trip. He was so cute and he took the water like a champ. He was a bit confused, but you could tell he kinda liked it. :)

The Philadelphia train station

gosh...my heart just melts.

Someone had a nice nap and was ready to hit the town! (socks included)

River Walk


Wood fire Pizza for our Anniversary Dinner!
(I'm ignoring the fact that I spent most of my time in the bathroom changing his diaper multiple times)




Can we just take a minute and revel in the wonder of these Donuts?
The top middle one had Apple Pie filling.

Levi was shocked that those shrimp were almost his size!





I couldn't resist some Rock Candy

City Hall






China Town

He fell asleep in daddy's arms. We put him down and he couldn't decide whether or not to wake up. 

 Levi's first swim!



Lovin' the daddy cuddles.

and one more look at the deliciousness....*mouth waters* 


*Stay tuned, Old City and Society Hill are up next!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!