Wow, I can't believe our little guy is 6 months!!! In some ways it feels like he's been a part of our lives forever, and other times, it has just flown by. I feel like month 6 has given us so many gifts. It feels like he's starting to really make his way into being a little boy. He's much more social now and you can really interact with him. I find that days are much easier, too. He is content playing on the floor with his toys and doesn't need mommy quite as much, at least until his tummy is rumbling or he's tired, then it's all about mommy! Which, I love! He still loves watching his show, Puffin Rock. Sometimes I find myself watching it once he's down for a nap. I've become such a mom, and I love it.
The last week of his 6 months, he gave us so many little surprises. The first among them, he started army crawling! The first time he did it, he went a couple of inches to grab a toy. Then as the days passed, he was crawling further and further. By the time Christmas, and his 6 month mark came, he could crawl almost clear across the room! When we came home from Ohio, we had to barricade him into a section of the living room, because every time we looked away, he was across the room and putting something in his mouth. We are doomed.
He has discovered the sound 'dada', and it's basically all he says day and night, which is fine with us, we're so giddy about it! When I put him down for a nap, he just says dadadadadadada for about 15 minutes until he falls asleep. It's so adorable, I can't wait until he figures out the 'ma' sound!
He also learned who mommy is. I mean, he's always known me, but while everyone was passing him around, he began to realize that mommy wasn't holding him. He would search me out and reach for me. It was beyond precious. I love being mommy.
This month we have really rocked at eating! He is eating big boy foods almost every day and he loves them all. We are still mainly breastfeeding, which I'm so happy about. I guess I should take a second and celebrate this milestone. My first big goal when he was born was to breastfeed for 6 months. This might not seem like a big deal to some, but for us it is. We definitely had our struggles. Many frustrating days and tired nights, many trips to the doctor for weight checks, lactation consultants, many an hour spent online to figure out why we were having so much trouble. Every single day was a victory. I would just tell myself to get to the end of the week, or the next month. Then, one day, I didn't think about it any more, not really. We hit our stride and we hit it good. 6 months came and I just stopped and was surprised that we had made it, all ready. Of course, my long term goal has always been 1 year, and it looks like we will be sailing toward the finish line, and beyond! I love it and I love the bond it has created between us.
I really can't wait to see what month 7 is like, I'm honestly so excited and a little anxious. We are now on the downward slope to 1 year!!! I honestly can't believe it!





No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!