Christmas 2018: Part 2


This year, I feel like I failed in the photo department. When the holiday came and went, there were so many photos I didn't take, barely any grandparent photos, and I got maybe 1 photo of my niece. If you didn't notice, I took ZERO Thanksgiving photos. ZERO. But, I've had to show myself grace these last few months. I hate to feel not at the top of my game. Being a mom to a newborn  and a toddler is tough. This year I subconsciously chose to just be present during Christmas, to not worry about getting every photo. My family needed me more than most years, and it was ok to put the camera aside and just BE. I'll remember this year, it was Piper's first. It was was a great holiday, I might have been very tired, and nursed a migraine on Christmas Eve, but we celebrated the coming of of Jesus. Now that Levi is 2.5, he is starting to be interested in God. We pray multiple times a day and read books about him. He definitely loves the story about 'baby God'! It's my hope and prayer that each year he will grow more in love with God and one day he and Piper will accept him as their savior. 

Christmas Eve


Piper's 2nd cousin, Emmalynn. She's 3 weeks older!

"See, this is how it broke..."



We've made a tradition out of sitting around the tree on Christmas Eve until the clock strikes midnight. This year, we barely made it!
The new member of the Detty family
Meet Echo!


Aunt Lydia bonding with her new neice


Levi and his new wheels

The two newest additions







After our Christmas morning, we spent the evening at Grandma and Pop DeHart's









*I know my blogs haven't been the most inspired as of late, I'm trying to get back into the groove and find time to be creative. I try to stay somewhat up to date, even if the passion isn't there because I don't want to lose it all. We'll get out of this newborn phase and start doing stuff and I'll sleep again! Also, please forgive my spelling and grammar errors. It's not for lack of knowledge, my fingers just type something different than what I'm thinking and my eyes refuse to see the mistake! haha I should start having Scott proofread my stuff.







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!