Scott and I had a wonderful weekend! After so much transition and traveling, we are finally at a place where things are actually lining up and going our way, and it's wonderful. Weekends aren't full of traveling, car wrecks, unpacking, and craziness. Instead, they are full of lazy Saturday mornings, Sunday church and LOTS of new good food and exploring.
This weekend, we celebrated the Chinese Lunar New Year in China Town! It wasn't until Friday night that I realized we had an incredible opportunity to experience something new. Not only is it the Chinese New Year, but we were mere miles away from the largest population of Chinese people outside of China! China Town itself is estimated to have approximately 100,000 Chinese residents, and the entire city, including the other boroughs, have roughly 735,000 residents. So, in my opinion there isn't really a better place to celebrate outside of China!
They had their Lunar Festival Parade on Sunday, so we went and watched, and it was so much fun! This culture isn't something that we've experienced much of, so it was cool to soak up the smiles and excitement. China Town has some of the nicest NYC residents.
^^Children would hold both an American Flag and a Chinese Flag. In the left part of the photo, I'm still not 100% sure why people would put some sort of red cards into the dragon's mouths.
^^I'm not sure who he was *since everything was in Chinese*, but he was fantastic!^^
^^I just thought this couple, who bought their own party poppers, was adorable. I was really jealous, I didn't have any cash to buy one.haha^^


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!