On Independence day, we made plans with our friends to go to a cookout in a cute little courtyard near our house. That afternoon we stepped outside AND IT WAS RAINING! We still went to the cookout that moved in doors. It was fun, but the city is just not like the Mid West. You don't have houses to spread out in, so we had at least 25 people crammed into a little apartment. It was still nice to meet new people and have some good food, but nothing beats celebrating Independence day in the country.
Saturday rolled around and it was sunny at 75. We wanted to make up for a less than stellar 4th, so we decided to spend our day in New Haven, Connecticut. We bought some rather pricey tickets for the Metro North train, and took a 2 hour trip north and spent the day in New Haven, at Yale University! We didn't know what to expect really, but ended up having a lot of fun. We had a seafood lunch on their little waterfront, then walked around the Old Campus. It was the perfect time to do so. All of the rich students were probably out on their yachts and there were barely any tourists. We almost had the whole campus to ourselves. It was awesome walking around such an old and historical place. The oldest building on campus was building in 1752!
The little town was cute as well. After walking around campus, we meandered to Little Italy and again, found ourselves in the middle of a Pizza Pie War...and I think we chose the right side. We ate at Frank Pepe's Pizza, which is apparently world famous (who knew?), and happened to be one of Ronald Reagan's favorite pizzas!
Oldest building on Campus. (1752)
Nathan Hale's dorm was in this building in 1773
*For non-history buffs: Hale was a Revolutionary War patriot who's last words, before being hanged by the British, where "I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country"
Nathan Hale's dorm was in this building in 1773
*For non-history buffs: Hale was a Revolutionary War patriot who's last words, before being hanged by the British, where "I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country"
I'm pretty sure this is an entrance to dorm rooms.
Reference Room in the Library.
When I entered the Library, I thought we had entered a church.
When I entered the Library, I thought we had entered a church.
The grounds are so beautiful.
After walking through campus we came back to the main lawn and laid in the grass for a while.
After a few hours of exploring, we found our way to Little Italy
Don't you just love Train Stations?
We had such a fun day! Hopefully, we can make it to some other Ivy League schools in the near future.
I'm trying to pack in as much adventure into our life before Scott starts school again....(and much to his chagrin, he's not finishing his education at Yale.)
xo
Lauren Marie













No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!