Last Saturday was the first time we truly ventured out farther than Central Park. It was our last weekend before Scott had to use Saturdays to study, and I wanted to get out and see the city. We haven't done much, so it was nice to go on a little adventure. We went down to Greenwich Village and had dinner at our favorite fish and chips place, A Salt and Battery. It's down on Greenwich Ave, but we like to call itWee Britain (Arrested Development reference). The restaurant is a part of three stores that are owned by some Brits. There is a little general store, with tea cups and lots of candy, and Tea and Sympathy, which is a little tea room. We took our fried fish and sat in a little courtyard not far from the restaurant. Of course, right as we were sitting down to eat, Levi decided to wakeup and get hungry. Thankfully I had brought my shawl, so I nursed him while eating with the other hand. That scene pretty much sums up having a baby in the city. You HAVE to nurse in public. Oh how I wish we had a car.
After dinner, we walked to the Hudson and meandered down the boardwalk. We have upgraded to using our car seat on the Uppababy, instead of the bassinet. He is so interested in the world, he wants to be able to sit up and see everything! It was the perfect night. We found a secluded spot under some pine trees while I nursed...again. This little outing made me more comfortable with the idea of going somewhere for our anniversary next week.
On Sunday, we FINALLY made it back to church. It went pretty well. We were 15 minutes late, I spent 20 minutes nursing him (it will be nice when he's a little older, because I will just nurse him in the 'sanctuary' if I need to), and Scott stood in the back and bounced him until the end of service. We just told ourselves that this first time back to church was more ceremonial than anything. It was just to prove we could do it. Next time we'll know to leave a bit earlier! But it was wonderful to be back worshiping again. The songs hit home, and the sermon was wonderful.
My boys
He was WIPED OUT when we got home from church on Sunday. He couldn't even be bothered to be swaddled. He just fell straight asleep in daddy's arms.







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!