Last week, my mom and dad drove to NYC to stay with us for the weekend. We were so excited to to have them visit. Levi was 5 weeks old, he was finally sleeping well, I was almost fully healed, and we were finding our stride. Having them over was relaxing and enjoyable. We spent most of our time hanging out with Levi, but we did manage to make it out to lunch on Saturday, and had a nice long afternoon walk in Central Park. That night, they were nice enough to send us out on a date. It was wonderful to have some together time, but it felt so weird. It was the first time in 5 weeks we had been out without him, I missed our little guy! We went to 107 West and had sushi for dinner. It was my first real sushi, and Scott ordered me a Rainbow roll. I thought it was going to be a roll with tiny bits of fish. Nope! There were huge slabs of raw fish right on top of the roll. I was a bit nervous, but it turned out to be sooo good. I felt so proud for liking it!
It was wonderful watching my parents with Levi. Mom went back to 'mothering a newborn' mode, she took care of him a lot. It was nice (and relaxing!) to kind of take a back seat and watch her do her thing. She was such a great mom and she's still got it! Dad was great with him, I loved watch him bond with his grandson. and I know he's excited for the day he can teach him to fish. They are both such wonderful grandparents all ready. I can't wait for our trip to Chillicothe so we can spend more time with them!








No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!