So, I'm REEEAAALLLY late at posting this. But, I didn't want to hit four months, without celebrating three! On September 26th, our little string bean turned 13 weeks old!
This was a wonderful and stressful month. I'm not gonna lie. We had a lot of struggles, but a lot of joy. We saw him growing before our eyes, he started to become interested in toys, eating any toy we put in his hand, his happy times were a little longer, and sometimes, it seemed we were finding a schedule...sometimes.
Breastfeeding was a real challenge. After meeting with a different pediatrician who wasn't so nice, I really felt off my game, I struggled a lot. But, I wasn't going to give up! I met with a lactation consultant, had a few check ups with my normal pediatrician, and I finally became more comfortable with everything again. Then, he wasn't sleeping as well during the night, and his naps were all over the place. But, the awesome thing about babies is, if one week is crazy, the next week just might be amazing, and that's basically what month three felt like. It really kept us on our toes!
-A day after he turned 2 months, he rolled over for the first time! Since then, he knows what to do when you put him on his tummy...unless he's in a pouty mood, then he decides that he's not playing your game.
-A few days a week, we watch Puffin Rock in the evenings. It's a precious little Irish kids show on Netflix, it has captured his attention, it also helps that I basically love that show.
-He loves when we sing to him! He gets the biggest smile on his face. Scott has a special bed time song he sings as he is swaddling him, and we have transitioned from 'SSSHHHHing him to sleep, to just humming songs, usually old hymns or Sleep Sound in Jesus, a lullaby that my mom used to sing to me.
-He went on his first plane flight! That was exciting and stressful!
-He hates the carseat, and unless he's tired, he fights when I wear him too. So, we just stay home a lot, because it's much more enjoyable.





No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!