Hello 30 weeks!

They say that your subsequent pregnancies will fly by and you'll barely have a chance to focus on them, whether it's because you're used to it by now, or you are chasing a toddler. I totally believe them, whoever 'they' are. This pregnancy has been such a whirlwind. Take this post for instance, I was supposed to post it last week at 30 weeks, and here I am, in my 31st week. Not that it really matters, I guess.

27 week Ultrasound
We found out shortly after the first of the year that we were expecting, and it was so exciting. It felt like September would NEVER get here. Thankfully, my morning sickness only lasted about 4 weeks, and I started to feel like my self again around 10 weeks in. My belly (and bellybutton) popped out very early. The second trimester rolled around and I was beginning to wonder if I'd start to feel pregnant like I did last time. I basically sailed straight through my 2nd. It was summer, Levi was active, and my energy was back. We spent every spare moment either at the pool, playground, zoo, or splash pad. I didn't stop, we were constantly on the go. I knew this energy wouldn't last long. Then my 3rd trimester hit, and oh did my body just tell me to chill out. OH my gosh. I hit a wall and I hit it hard. All of the sudden, I realize I couldn't just hoist him around all day every day. I was starting to feel it. So, we started taking it a bit easier, still spending a lot of time at the pool, but not running around as much.

If you didn't know, I'm actually going through a midwife practice with the hospital. There is a team of 8 Certified Nurse Midwives that all work well with the doctors on staff. They are very supportive with whatever kind of delivery you want to have. You want to be hooked up to an epidural right away? OK! If you want to deliver naturally in a tub? Awesome! After my last delivery, of laboring 33 hours and then having a C-Section, I was ready for this kind of attention and support. Now that I'm at 30 weeks, I'm really starting to think about what kind of L&D I want to attempt. Obviously, the most important thing is to get everyone home all safe and healthy, but I'd love to attempt a VBAC and not have to go under the knife again. Who knows, maybe I'll even go med free.

Now, here we are, a few weeks into the third trimester, and I'm starting to feel time slow down a little. My stomach is getting in the way, Levi is as active as ever, and my body is not letting me keep up like I was a few weeks ago. Thankfully, we have a pool at our apartment, (probably the only positive of living this stage of life in an apartment) But if it's sunny and warm, we are there! Levi has a puddle jumper and he's very independent in the pool. Obviously I'm right there, but he loves just kicking around and doing his thing. I realized that I'm too pragmatic to spend money on a massage, so I broke the bank at $8 and bought a sprinkled donut floatie. Seriously, who needs a masseuse when you can float around the pool several days a week?! It's heaven.

People have asked if we are ready for baby girl, and my answer is YES! Oh, what do you have? Um....well, a couple of swaddles and some onesies. haha. No but seriously, we are going to buy Levi a big boy bed and use the crib for baby girl, and we just have to get out all of his hand-me downs, like bottles (although I'm breastfeeding), swaddles, and other little newborn essentials you tend to forget about. But, we saved most of his stuff, so we're pretty set for the most part.

30 weeks- Scott's Birthday

29 weeks-Post nap snuggles




28 weeks-Levi's Birthday
27 weeks- Father's Day

25 weeks- post accident (Someone rear ended the Pilot and totaled it)
went to check on baby girl

24 weeks- National Donut Day

24 weeks- headed to the pool

24 weeks- Memorial Day

23 Weeks- Memorial Day Weekend

22 Weeks- Mother's Day

20 Weeks!

Our Gender Reveal

19 Weeks- Anatomy Scan- IT'S A GIRL!

 18 Weeks- Easter Sunday

 16 Weeks

  8 Week Ultrasound- Little Berry



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!