I'm sitting here on my porch at 10:40 at night and it is by far one of the most perfect 'beach weather' nights I have ever experienced. There is moisture in the air and it's warm but not so warm that you get sticky. There is a wonderful breeze blowing through the banana tree that sits on the porch beside me. The neighbors are silent and my little kit is looking at the back of my head through the window wondering why I'm out here and not snuggling in bed with him.
Unfortunately, Scott isn't home tonight and I will be sleeping alone (not including two kits). I miss him terribly but he will be back after tomorrow night and I will be sleeping beside him as he keeps me warm and matching my breathing to his.
As I sit here in the PERFECT beach weather, not only am I thinking about the Outer Banks, I'm scrolling through my photos looking back on all the wonderful memories Scott and I have had over the past 10 years...
The first time I truly talked to Scott was Thanksgiving 2003. I was bored after eating a wonderful meal at my grandparents and as the lethargy set in, I decided to go up to my grandmother's computer and see if I could ICQ Scott....(yeah..that's right, ICQ) I '
So...back to Thanksgiving. I sat there waiting....and waiting.....and waiting....finally I heard that glorious sound from the computer speakers 'Uh-Oh!'. He was there and wanting to chat! We chatted for a while about this and that and all the good food we ate. He was sitting down in his basement with his brother Jeff watching the James Bond marathon that was on every Thanksgiving. That was the beginning of it all. (A big shout out to ICQ for letting awkward teenagers talk without actually having to talk face to face, it was a nice ice breaker lol)
Over the years we have had some pretty amazing memories. Lots of laughs, and lots of tears. The first time we kissed was on the couch in his parents house while watching The Count of Monte Cristo (well, we only watched a fraction of it..lol) The first time he told me he loved me was in the rain, in Yoctangee Park under our favorite Willow Tree at midnight. The first (and only time) he broke up with me was on the prettiest bench in the park, (that was a real downer, but didn't last long!). Most of our memories were made in the park. We had countless Dairy Queen treats on the bridge, feeding ducks, swinging on the swings on the play ground. Even after we left for college our lives would always bring us back to the park, where eventually he proposed on a cold February night, as the light of the moon and street lamps bounced off the snow and ice frosted pond. Right there in the middle of our bridge, he knelt to one knee and asked me to be his wife. For richer or Poorer, in sickness and in health, to death do us part.
I could never imagine a life so wonderful. God has blessed us richly with love for one another. I cherish each moment. Every lazy Saturday, every sleepless night, every laugh, every tear, every late night at the library. I couldn't ask for a better mate in my entire life. He is my Superman, my protector, my comforter. He makes me laugh more than anyone I know. He watches the silliest movies with me, just to spend time with me and he has made some pretty amazing dinners for me!
I'm so happy our life is just beginning. As long as God sees fit, we have decades upon decades to make memories. I can't wait to have babies and start a family, I can't wait to travel the rest of the world, and I can't wait to just live life, and enjoy each moment.
Well, that was probably the most rambly post, but I just LOVE YOU SCOTT!!! I can't wait to see you!!! xoxoxoxoxo
![]() |
| Christmas Concert '03, shortly after our ICQ chat, sooo awkward. Look at all the space in between us!! |
![]() |
| Spring '05. We were so awesome we wore matching Salvation Army Soccer Shirts! |
![]() |
| Our first Christmas as a couple |
| My Senior Prom '06 (Our 3rd prom together) |
| Paris with my love! December '07 |
| New Years 2012! |
| I love this guy so much! OBX 2011 |
| The Beginning of the Rest of our Life. August 28th, 2010 (Yoctangee Bridge) |
Love,
Lauren Marie




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!