Home Sweet Home.
One of my very favorite parts about Ohio (and Northern Kentucky), is Autumn. It seems to surprise me with its every time. Each year, I get nervous at the beginning of the season when the leaves are slow to change, and I find myself thinking 'This is going to be a dull fall', but without fail, God surprises me. Once October arrives, he starts painting masterpieces. I am awestruck so many times when I drive past hill sides, take walks in the park or even look out my window. Even though I've seen these same colors year after year, they never cease to amaze me. I constantly have my camera at the ready snapping here and there, almost like this is the last year that Autumn is coming, maybe the leaves will just decide not to change colors next year! But inevitably, they do, and it's wonderful.
I'm really happy that I was able to soak in the gorgeous colors of the mid-west before packing our bags and heading for the City. It was like Ohio gave me one last hug and surprised me with a grand finale of trees bursting with color. It was a great goodbye and I found myself getting choked up on more than one occasion about leaving home.
Now, that the leaves are pretty much all gone, and we are down to 7 days until the move, I'm getting very giddy about Christmas in New York. If there is one thing my family knows, it's how much I adore Christmas. This year is bound to be magical, I can just feel it. I can't wait for that first snow to blanket the sidewalks and trees and for the Christmas lights to pop up all around the city. Moving at the beginning of the holiday season is perfect in my opinion, the whole city will be decked out in decorations as to say 'WELCOME SCOTT AND LAUREN, WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU!
Since I won't have a job at first, my Nikon will rarely leave my side. New York, here we come!
| This was one of the most magical moments of the entire season. I had to trek up into the woods to get this one. TOTALLY WORTH IT. |
| Oliver sitting atop a hay bail, keeping watch over the farm. |
| Loki saying hi to the neighbor horse |
![]() |
| One of my favorite trees by our home. Yes, I know it's dead. |
| View of the Licking River Valley from my neighborhood |
Love,
Lauren Marie



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!