Last week, I was so overwhelmed with the search, I just stopped. NYC Landlords really only want to hear from you if you are willing to take the unit in the next week. But, because we were still a month out, we were just spinning our wheels. I made a deal that I would just relax for a few nights, then once we hit November, we would go into superdrive. I started emailing and calling brokers like crazy. Finally, I found Alberto, a real estate agent who was very willing to work with me remotely (which is really hard to find). He sent me information on 3 different places but one really struck my core, I hadn't seen photos or anything, but that address was killer! Riverside drive? I could walk out my building every morning and see the Hudson, this has to be the one! He sent us the video and we decided to go for it. But, we hit a bump. Not only was the price at the top of our price range, but the broker fee was going to be well above the $3,000 mark. woah. No dice. after praying and stressing, we said no.
The next morning, he offered to lower the price and fee (which was still ridiculously high) We said no. I told him that we weren't willing to pay a fee over 1 month's rent (which is standard) he came back and lowered the fee. WOAH!
Well, long story short, we have applied for the apartment and waited about 24 hours to hear the news. We still didn't think it would go off without a hitch, but we sitting there thinking, is that it? did we just land an apartment? As we were driving off of Wright State's campus, we were hit with that big BUT. Alberto said there were two more applications on the table (which he said there weren't before) and one was willing to offer $200 more. We walked away.
So, now we are back to square one...but that's okay. I know God has something much better in store (even if it's not on coveted Riverside Drive!)
So, now we are back to square one...but that's okay. I know God has something much better in store (even if it's not on coveted Riverside Drive!)
On a different note, I'm sitting in Starbucks by Wright State University on a chilly Friday afternoon, acting all 'big city' with my mac book, latte and scone. haha. Scott had work duties in Dayton and Columbus today so I decided to tag along. Tonight, we are going to get to spend some quality time with the siblings and we can't wait!
While at Starbucks, I just had the wonderful pleasure to meet up with my dear friend Emily from college and was able to meet her beautiful little girl Evelyn.
While at Starbucks, I just had the wonderful pleasure to meet up with my dear friend Emily from college and was able to meet her beautiful little girl Evelyn.
update:
We had an extraordinary time with Lydia, Liberty and Brad! We walked around Easton for a while and bought Cheryl's cookies, reminisced in The American Girl Place and made the guys go into Victorias Secret with us...(when you're married you're allowed to do that lol) and ended the night with some Skyfall and Pizza Hut before we headed back to Cincinnati.
| This mannequin creeped us out because she looked so real out of the corner of your eye! |
| The guys were troopers in Victorias Secret. haha |
| The American Girl Place- This sums up a HUGE part of my childhood. I have 5 of the 7 original dolls. I've decided I need to have girls! |
![]() |
| Lydia and Liberty on a balloon ride with Saige! |
Well, here's to hoping that the next time I post, we will be celebrating our success with having a home to live in! :)
*as of Saturday evening, we have an application in on another place, praying hard this is the one!
Lauren Marie

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!