Hey! It's my birthday!!! Yup, 26 years life! I can't believe that God has blessed me with 26 years! Today was such a great break in daily life. Scott didn't go to the Library, we didn't deal with apartment stuff, insurance, car issues, work, it was just nice to be together. We woke up late to a blustery sort of day. The sky was dark and rain was hitting the windows, one of my favorite kind of mornings. I wrapped my robe around me as Scott slept a little longer and came out to the couch to blog a little, as my kits sat on the couch beside me. It was really a perfect, cozy morning.
After lounging for the morning, we had lunch at PF Changs (a favorite!) and went for a little shopping trip at Kenwood Mall. Much to my excitement, Scott spoiled me and bought me my very own pair of Hunter Boots! Eeek!! I'm so excited! They didn't have my size at Nordstrom's so they ordered them and had them shipped, (a photo will follow later). Thank you Scott!!! I will cherish them every day I walk to the subway in the rain and snow! (And I will look super cute too!)
Oh, and it wouldn't be a birthday without a buy one get one free Starbucks drinks! Yumm....
After a lazy afternoon, which included a little packing, we ended the PERFECT birthday with a trip to Newport on the Levee. Scott spoiled me to Brio Tuscan Grill (for which I found that I had a $15 coupon for my birthday!). Then, even though we were stuffed after an amazing Mushroom Ravioli Meal, he treated me to my favorite: Cold Stone Creamery; Chocolate Devotion in a Waffle Bowl. (I may just keep him, he really knows his way into my heart). We ended our day with a late night showing of Thor: The Dark World!
(ps. Thanks to some stashed gift cards and coupons, we did all of that-not incl. the boots- for only $35!)
![]() |
| Shenanigans |
And... a little backtracking. To start off my birthday weekend, we had the pleasure of spending some time with some friends and family as well. It was so wonderful to see them, especially since we are moving in a week. On Saturday, we met Scott's brother and sister-in-law, Jeff and Nikki at Panera on their way up to Dayton. Then we drove 2 hours north to visit some very cherished friends, Jess and Dave and their brand new bundle of joy, Oliver! It was a day so full of love and smiles. A perfect start to a perfect birthday weekend.
| The adorable card Nikki sent me! |
| No matter how far or how little you see each other, it's worth the effort to stay close to family. Even an hour together is cherished. Love them! So glad they told us they were coming up! :) |
![]() |
| LOOK. AT. THAT. FACE! |
![]() |
| Salt 'n Pepper Shakers from my Grandmother! (She knows me so well!) She also bought me an Owl Mug! |
Much Love and Thanks,
Lauren Marie





No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!