We headed back after Christmas. It was so hard to say goodbye to family, but I was ready to turn over a new leaf in the city. Our crazy transition, I felt, was coming to an end, or at least smoothing out. As I approached NYC from my flight, I looked out and realized for the first time, I was getting an amazing panoramic view of the city! It felt like such a 'new home' coming. On Saturday, we had our Christmas. We woke up and made creamy hot chocolate in my new Starbucks mug Scott bought me, opened our stockings and presents, we made bacon and eggs and cuddled in bed to watch the Doctor Who Christmas Special (still don't have a couch). It was a great day. The Kits barely left our side, they spent the entire weekend in our bed. We spent the rest of the weekend doing stuff around the house getting ready for Liberty, Lydia and Brad getting here. It was just nice to actually do something that didn't consist of us traveling, wrecking or law school related.
I did actually get around to decorating our home for Christmas. I put up twinkle lights all around our living room, which gave it a very cozy feeling. I also put up both of my Willow Tree Nativity Scenes.
| From The DeHarts: Rick hand made the trees and the stand! I can't wait to finish the rest of the set! (yes, I know there weren't snowy trees, but it did just snow over there!) |
| From Grandmother: for our First Christmas |

Scott bought me a new Starbucks mug, so I made creamy hot chocolate to drink while we opened presents. We started with our stockings full of yummy Lindt Chocolate, Ferrero Roche and some little stocking stuffers. I bought Scott some Steve Madden shoes, some cold weather accessories, along with some other trinkets. Scott's 'main present' still hasn't come in the mail, so I'm still excited for that, but he got me some cute trinkets, including some new Vera Wang perfume that I absolutely adore!

| Scott reading his voucher for 2 Broadway Tickets of his choice to be redeemed in January! Hint: It's either Wicked or Phantom of the Opera |
| LOVE this cute little book he bought me!! |
There are so many little treasures around the city at this time. Everyone gets in the Christmas spirit! I found these light changing stars in the Shops at Columbus Circle!
Central Park in the Snow
We ventured to Rockefeller Plaza...
![]() |
| I would love to Ice Skate here someday! |
![]() |
| The Pan Am building gets all dressed up for Christmas too! |
Happy New Year!!!
Lauren Marie







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!