But, we WILL be getting a tree and I will decorate our home, at least a little. Even if it is only a few days before Christmas. I won't let this move defeat me! But, we have been spending time downtown among all the shops and christmas lights. We tried to go down to the Rockefeller Christmas Tree Lighting, but we left too late and couldn't get close. We ended up window shopping through Midtown East, and satisfying my craving for some Chocolate Devotion ice cream in a waffle bowl at Cold Stone Creamery. YUM! Even though it's been a bit different, I definitely don't want this season to pass without enjoying NYC at Christmas!
Today, I found internet in a little cafe literally on the same block as me. I'm not sure why it has taken so long for me to come here. It's really cute. I decided on some warm Apple Cider and a Raspberry Macaroon. (Good thing we walk everywhere, not having internet has been super bad for my coffee and snack habits!)
I've been reminiscing about getting Christmas Trees back in Ohio. My family always hops in the back of a truck and we go cut a tree down at the neighboring Christmas Tree farm the weekend of Thanksgiving. It's one of my very favorite traditions, I was heartbroken I missed this year.
While Scott and I lived in Northern Kentucky, we wouldgo to a tree lot and pick up a lovely live tree and Santa was always there! Our plan for this year was to scope out a Christmas Tree Farm in Cincinnati...but obviously we didn't make it that far. :)
Here are some photos that I have been looking at this week:
| Lib and I found the PERFECT TREE!! |
| Lydia has crazy eyes!! |
| Scott and Lib found one! |
| The men leading the way |
Merry Christmas!!!
Lauren Marie
No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!