Just to warn you...this post will have A LOT of photos...I just couldn't pare it down....
I honestly wasn't sure if this Christmas would happen. We found out that Scott wouldn't get to come home until the night before Christmas Eve and had to fly back at 6am, the morning after Christmas. So, that was a great start. On the day I left, I packed my brand new carry on suitcase, hopped the ACE train and hopped on the bus to LaGuardia airport. Now, this was supposed to be a 40 minute ride. I just so happened this was the worst day to go for a flight. AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER, 2 MINUTES BEFORE MY FLIGHT DEPARTED, I ARRIVED AT THE AIRPORT. Yes, I missed my flight. You know that you have hit your emotional rock bottom when you are calling your husband and and family completely bawling your eyes out in the middle of the airport ticket line. I had tears streaming down my face and cursing the bus drivers of new york, and I didn't care that everyone was staring at me. Praise the Lord, I was able to hop another flight just 2 hours later. God is so good!!!
Once we were in Chillicothe, Christmas was fantastic. We did lots of puppy cuddling, video game playing and present opening and general hanging out. On Christmas Eve, we attended Wesleyan's Candlelight Service and had our annual Christmas Party at my Grandmothers. It was wonderful seeing everyone again.
 |
| This is what people call 'The Sparrow Face'. I don't know... |
 |
My skirt is a Kilt that I bought in Gretna Green, Scotland. Grandmother and Papaw took me along when I was 16. |
 |
| Brother in laws! |
 |
| Maggie, Lilly and Oliver! |
 |
| Nicole and Leah! |
Grandmother just wanted ONE serious photo from her boys.....
 |
| We might be a little dramatic |
 |
| Nicole got a GORGEOUS ring!! |
 |
| Leah got a guitar!! |
 |
| Lilly thanking Aunt Jo for the molding clay |
 |
Lydia and Nick (Who just got back from Germany with his band Wolves at the Gate) |
 |
| Grandmother showing me this art book by a Christian artist |
 |
| The love of my life |
I cherish these Christmas memories, maybe that's why I post so many photos. Trust me, these aren't even close to as many as I took. Of course, I can't wait until next year!
Stay tuned, for my Christmas morning post.....
Lauren Marie
No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!