Oh my. I think we're finally caught up on our sleep! The first couple days here we wouldn't even bother setting our alarm. We woke up late everyday. After a morning of unpacking, we would get ready go out for lunch and see some of the city. It gets dark here about 5, which is ridiculously earl! Once 7:30pm would roll around, I was so exhausted I would fall asleep watching tv. We slept Alot.
Today is Scott's first day at Columbia! I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear how it went! I'm sure there is a lot of learning and introductions to get through, but I know that Scott is ready to hit the ground running!
I on the other hand, am sitting at Panera Bread down near Penn Station on 34th st. I spent the day on the phone with stupid Time Warner, obviously it didn't go well. After over an hour with several transfers to Lousiville, Wilder, Louisville again, and some unkown place, I don't know if I actually made it to NY's local office. It is a complete mess. I did however find out why our technician never showed last week, when Scott called to transfer service, the idiot (sorry) on the other end only changed our Billing address and not our Service address! ack! So, we are back at square one. Who knows when I'll have internet again. That's a problem for future Lauren to deal with.
To backtrack, we had a great weekend. After Thanksgiving, we spent Friday afternoon downtown. We ate at a lovely French Bistro named La Bonne Soup and ended up walking through Times Square, Macy's and a cute little Winter Wonderland in Bryant Park compete with a skating rink! (We will be heading back). It was freezing but it was a nice introduction into the city as resident-tourists (That's what we call ourselves) :)
On Saturday we had lunch in midtown and spent time walking through Central Park. Even with all the leaves off the trees and no snow on the ground, it is still a gorgeous park. I love it. This was Scott's first time there and he enjoyed himself as well. I know we'll be spending a lot of time here in the future.
Sunday was a rest/study day. We both spent the better part of the day at Starbucks. Scott studied and I blogged. If you don't believe me, smell our clothes, we smell like coffee we sat there so long. :)
Here are a few photos of our weekend!
| Thanksgiving! Headed to Brian's place! |
| Most of the Subway Stations have unique art on the walls. The 50th st Station was Alice and Wonderland Themed. |
![]() |
| It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! |
![]() |
| Broadway Musicals are at the top of my list! |
| Setting up for the NYE Ball Drop! |
| Scott bought us some warm cider! |
![]() |
| Taking the subway back home |
| Sitting in Columbus Circle |
![]() |
| Central Park South |
| Bubbles at Bethesda Fountain! |
| And then....The Dwarves and Hobbits showed up dressed from 'The Hobbit' and put on a little show! |
| View of the Upper East Side from the Jackie Onassis Resevoir |
Each day the transition gets easier and easier, despite companies like Time Warner. I think I'll pack up now and go see my kits back in upper Manhattan. Thanks for reading!
Ps. If read my blog and enjoy it, feel free to leave a comment. Or, if you know my email or number it's always nice to hear from you. :)
Love Always,
Lauren Marie







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!