Autumn in Cold Spring, NY


Well, autumn has decided to take its sweet ole' time getting to the city. So, instead of waiting around until it's too cold to enjoy the gorgeous colors, we decided to take things into our own hands. The leaves have started to change in the Hudson River Valley, just upstate. On Saturday, Scott and I decided to hop on an overcrowded Metro-North train, and take a day trip up to the adorable village of Cold Spring, NY. 
There was a twinge of nostalgia at the name of Cold Spring, because we lived right next to Cold Spring, KY. We had planned on moving there when we got married. In some ways I wish I were talking about KY, nothing beats autumn in the Midwest, NOTHING.


After an hour ride, the train dropped us off right at the entrance to the adorable Main Street. The weather was perfect, we didn't need jackets and decided to eat some yummy pizza on the patio of Riverview restaurant. After lunch, we walked down a two lane country road to the woods. There were some paths that wound along the Hudson and were perfect for some relaxing hiking. We climbed to the top of a low peak that overlooked the river and the views were breathtaking. It was wonderful being back in the woods. I can't wait to raise my kids in the country (or at least a very woodsy suburb). There are a lot of fun things to do in the city, but nothing is better than walking in the woods. 

After a hiking around for a while, we made our way back to the Main Street of town and grabbed ourselves a milkshake and did some window shopping. To end a good day, we found a spot on the sidewalk and watched the annual Halloween Parade! The parade consisted of kids and their parents all decked out in Halloween costumes walking down Main Street. It was amazing and we saw no less than 10 Elsas from Frozen. 

Once we got back to the city, we grabbed a family pack of Popeyes chicken, grabbed a cab and spend the rest of the evening in a food coma, watching Breaking Bad. Now, THAT was a great day!


The Metro-North train

Look at that view!!! Oh and the trees are nice too.





I'm so lucky.



 King of the world!








Scott found the tiniest cute leaf and stuck it in my hat. :)

See the leaf??



Find a rock wall?? Climb on it.

The town was just so picturesque, I felt like I was on the set of Gilmore Girls.






Jack Skellington! Liberty- this is for you!



Lil' Sebastian! (any parks and Rec fans???)



If we ever come back, I would love to stay at this inn!



We loved the village so much, we almost didn't leave!

Happy Autumn!

Lauren Marie

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!