The Smith

As you may know, Scott's been pretty busy lately. Usually when the weekend comes, we like to take it easy. Fridays usually consist of Chinese Takeout or Pizza and binge watching netflix, which is exactly what I love to do. This weekend he decided to surprise me with a fancy dinner date!! He made a reservation and didn't tell me where we were going. Once we got off the 1 train at 66th, I got a little excited. We were really close to The Smith, a nice restaurant I had been itching to try since we moved. But, there were lots of restaurants on the block, so I tried not to speculate too much. As we arrived at the front door, he looked at me and said 'How does The Smith sound?' I did a little squeal of excitement. "Of Course!!" I was super pumped.



We had a delicious dinner of Deviled Eggs, Crab Roll and Chicken with mashed potatoes. We swore to ourselves we would NOT get dessert since we were so full, but after seeing that they had Brooklyn Blackout Cake, we just HAD to have some. After dinner we excitedly made our way to the basement where they had a old timey photo booth!! I'm not gonna lie, this was one of the reasons I had been wanting to come here. We took two roles of photos and had so much fun. :) 

After dinner, we took the train down to 34th street and he treated me to a movie! We went to see Gone Girl, which was soooo good. I just finished the book and it was just as twisted and intense. We didn't get out of the theater til almost 1am, which didn't seem so bad after sharing our unnecessarily HUGE coke (but..go big or go home, right?) On the way home we found ourselves on one of the older, jankier trains and the crazies were out in full force and apparently ALL in our train car. So, for the next 20 minutes we had quite the show to end our night. It was one of those moments where you look at each other and go 'Is this really happening? It was like at every stop someone else would get on and just start acting ridiculous, we couldn't help but laugh and sigh...Oh New York. These are the nights that I will remember...for better or worse...we will remember them.

 This was right after he said "Wait until I'm done chewing" But I couldn't help it. 
He's so cute!


 The eggs were absolutely Deloish!

Much like Europe, they brought our waters to the table. 
One tap, One Carbonated.


 Yes, this is soo accurate.


 the bathrooms were bizarre. They had separate areas for Men and Women, but the sinks were in a common room with a photobooth (which was AWESOME!)
So, this is a great bathroom for a social gathering but probably not for any sort of privacy. haha

 Scott found this hole in the bathroom wall. I thought it was for a peeping Tom, but it had a old time movie playing if you looked in! Just...so weird.
He caught it on his camera. 


And...here are the results of our photobooth!






































A huge thanks to my WONDERFUL husband who pulled off an AMAZING night!!! xoxoxo

Love, 


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!