That's right! With 11 years under our belts and 4 1/2 years of marriage, we are taking the plunge into parenthood! We have always wanted to start a family around 5 years of marriage. Back in early 2013 we really started talking logistics. When would we want to start? Would we want to start trying before the end of law school? We put a lot of prayer into it and felt like 2014 was the right year to make that step. What we didn't anticipate was a 5th year of law school and a brand new city. But after a year in NYC, we realized that we could do it and there was no reason to postpone our plans. So, we took the big step and thought if it was in God's plan, he would make it happen, and apparently it was!
I'm 17 weeks along and sailing through my 2nd trimester. The baby is the size of a Pomegranate and we find out in 3 1/2 weeks what gender it will be. We are so excited to put a name to this baby! It's been just an incredible journey thus far, and I can't wait to share more with you. I haven't felt any kicks yet, but I'm sure in the next few weeks I will start to feel something!
Yesterday morning, we trekked down to Central Park to snap a few maternity photos. I haven't taken many bump photos since there wasn't really much to show, but in just the past few weeks my stomach has gotten huge! At Christmas eve there was barely a bump to show and now...BOOM! We braved the arctic blast and got a few good shots, despite the 4 degree windchill and my lack of a coat for 90% of the time. By the end of the shoot, I was so cold I couldn't form words. Luckily, when we finished I was able to run on my completely numb feet to a Starbucks right beside the Subway and warm up before the trek home. Here are some photos from yesterday...
We are so incredibly thankful that God has given us this incredible honor. It has been my dream for as long as I can remember to be a mom and after 27 years, that dream is becoming a reality. Both Scott and I are beyond excited to share in this adventure together!
Many thanks to all the well wishers and for the ones close to use that keep us in their prayers. We will definitely need it! This is quite a journey and one we can't do alone!
xoxo
Lauren and Scott


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!