Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from NYC!! 2014-2015

Last night, we celebrated a very happy New Year, cozy in our home. All of our NYC friends are out of town, and there was no way that we were going to smoosh ourselves into Times Square with 1 million other people. So, we bought some Sparkling Cider, pulled out the couch bed, turned on the TV Celebrations and rang in the new year, relaxed and with our kits by our side. It was a nice quiet ending to a crazy year. But, before we said goodbye to the holiday celebrations, Scott and I had yet to celebrate our Christmas! Since his exams went a week later than we are used to, and we stayed in Chillicothe for a week, our presents were still under the tree just begging to be opened.



On January 1st, we turned on the Yule Log (I can't wait to have my own fireplace), opened presents and then made a big egg, bacon and bagel brunch then watched Elf. After more relaxing, we made Christmas shaped sugar cookies, played Mario Galaxy, watched Walking Dead and just enjoyed a day all to ourselves. It was perfect.

Scott really outdid me this year in the present department. I tried to keep Christmas pretty cheap for us, but of course, he went overboard. He bought me a gorgeous Fossil Watch, a new necklace (which just happens to be the same one that Galadriel wears in The Hobbit...he knows me so well!), an Alan Lee art book (The main artist that has always drawn for the LOTR books AND movies), a Firefly t-shirt, some cute NYC books and a milk frother for coffee. (Side note: When Scott was rearranging the gifts, he put two identically wrapped gifts on the couch and said 'I bet you anything we bought the same thing'. Out of 10 years of getting gifts for each other, we have never bought the same one, until now. It was pretty funny.)

Here are some photos of our Christmas in NYC. ps. We were pretty lazy (and busy) this year and didn't really see the city at Christmas.








Rory


My awkward pose...





My new necklace!


Scott has had his eye on this old X-men legends game for a while, so I finally bought it for him!
The books were an extension to 4 other Christian books he received from my parents for Christmas. 
He has a HUGE Amazon wish list of Christian books, so I just decided to knock out a bunch all at once!

Remy






2014 was a year full of craziness and surprises, and I can't to take on 2015!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!