During the fall quarter of my sophomore year at Wright State, I found out about an intersession trip to Paris. It would count as a graded course, and all we had to do was stay in Paris for two weeks, touring the city and document it in a journal. I was obviously on board, since we were both minoring in French and it's freakin' PARIS, but Scott was not. Finally, after tons of begging, he said yes and at the end of November, we were off. It was a great trip! Since we were all adults, it was a very relaxed trip with little supervision. We spent the days with our professor, touring the city. In the evenings, we were completely free to do whatever we wanted, as long as we were at the morning meeting the next day. Both weekends, we had complete freedom to do whatever we wanted. Some students even left the country (and one missed the flight back to the states).
During our two week stay, we explored so much of the city and ate amazing food. The first weekend we were there, Jeff and Nikki flew in for about two days and he surprised her with an engagement ring on the second night! During the second weekend, my wonderful friend Sophie, took a train from Switzerland to see us. It was a full and wonderful trip.
Here are some of my favorite photos, oh how I wish I had my DSLR for this trip.
Ile de la cite
Notre Dame
Sacre Coeur
We spent a lot of time in The Louvre. It's such a magical place.
Cupid reviving Psyche (look up the myth)
This was my favorite piece in the entire museum.
So much so, that Scott bought me a small replica for our home.
The coronation of napoleon.
One of my very favorite works of art.
I was soooo tired.
Angelina's has the BEST hot chocolate
Jeff proposed to Nikki on top of the Eiffel Tour!
Even though it was cold and rainy, it was still a wonderful moment!
L'arc de Triomphe
The view from on top of the arch
Sacre Coeur from L'arch de triomphe
Towards the end of the trip we had completely run out of clothes. Laundry time! It was so bad that I wore Scott's clothes one day.
Me and Sophie- After 5 years, we were reunited!
Street of the fishing cat....what?
Notre Dame
Newly engaged!
We spent the day at Versaille. My favorite part was Marie Antoinette's Hamlet, where she spent most of her time pretending to live a peasant life.
I'm itching to go back! It was such a great trip, but it would be nice to go back without a group of students!
Au Revoir

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!