It was Sunday, October 12th. This was our second month after deciding to jump in and start a family and I had been documenting everything in my Ovia App on my iphone. That morning, I woke up and the app said "Today you can take a pregnancy test!" I didn't have any symptoms yet, but I rushed to the bathroom and took a test. I waited around for the most excruciating 5 minutes and finally, I looked over and there was a faint blue line. WHAT?! I started to shake, could this be it? But, it was my ONLY test and it was a cheap one at that. Scott was studying all afternoon, so before I could tell him, I needed to buy some more tests, because I'm crazy. I decided to take the train up to Target. Of course, just like all public transit in this city, the train was NOT running both ways that day. So, what should have been an easy 20 minute ride north, ended up being a crazy hour and a half ride from a shuttle bus, to a train, to another bus. It was insanity, but nothing was going to dampen my spirits.
At Target I bought two different brands of tests (just to be sure) and I realized that I needed a cute way to tell Scott! So, I bought a little newborn hat that had ears on it and matching socks and I wrapped them in a little bag.
When it was time to meet Scott on campus to head to church, I met him on the steps at Columbia. I just handed him the bag. He looked inside of it and was confused for a second. Then he looked at me and asked if I was serious, and of course, lots of hugs and tears ensued. Obviously, there was no way we were going to be able to sit through church (sorry!), so we went straight to dinner at Koko Wings and basically stared at each other in shock. We couldn't stop smiling. From there, it's been such a crazy ride, and it's only been 18 weeks!
I kept saying...."A line is a line! Those are definitely lines!"
4 Weeks Pregnant
6 Weeks Pregnant- Cold Spring, NY
8 Weeks Pregnant- Morningside Park, NYC
Our first ultrasound on Dec 10th- 12 Weeks 3 days. Look at that face!!!
Our first real ultrasound on Dec 10th- 12 Weeks 3 days.
At Christmas, there was barely a bump, It basically looked like I had eaten a lot.
14 weeks 3 days
16 Weeks- Central Park- I really started to show after Christmas!
It must have been all of that food we ate all week.
17 Weeks. This puffer vest makes me look bigger than I really am...note to self,
wear a slimming shirt next time.
I love how excited Scott is. He is going to be the best dad.
xoxo






No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!