Levi is One Month Old! *cue tears*

How is he already a month??? I'm already a puddle of tears because it is going just WAY. TOO. FAST. Is this really what motherhood is? Just full of much emotion? I don't want this time to pass, but I'm excited to see the little boy he's becoming. This is all such a whirlwind, just sign me up for a subscription of tissues, this is going to be an emotional life.

On Sunday, we celebrated 1 month with a photo shoot with this adorable Owl outfit that my Great Aunt made for him. Isn't it precious? He wouldn't cooperate very well, so we did the best we could. I think he's going to be a spirited and stubborn little boy! 

He has started to coo and 'talk' while we swaddle him. It's the most precious thing. He also loves being on the changing table. Once his diaper is cleaned, we usually hang out for a while. Sometimes, we even have a dance party (we turn on music and I dance). He seems to like seeing me make a fool of myself.

His sleep is getting better, although it's still erratic. Some nights he will sleep until 5-6:30 and maybe a couple more hours after I feed him. Other nights, he will be up at 2:30am and again at 5am. So you never know what you're going to get. We've started introducing official naps. Once I finish his afternoon feeding (around 1-2pm) I swaddle him and rock him to sleep. This has been a little touch and go. Some days he'll sleep like a champ for 4 hours straight, other days, it's a fight to keep him asleep for an hour. Yesterday, one foot was actually in the shower as he woke up and started crying. Oh...life of a mom.

All in all, this month has been incredible. I shower when I can, I shove lunch in my mouth (sometimes over a nursing baby), and I nap when there is a spare minute. But, with all the craziness, Levi is such a joy. He is already so expressive. We love just looking at each other. He studies my face and I study his. I want every little look, furrowed brow, and gummy smile, to be burned into my memory forever. I even want to remember his cries. We already know his 'dirty diaper' cry. It's more like a scream than a cry. Sometimes his cries are so sad and desperate as if we left him in the wilderness and there is no hope. It's heartbreaking and precious. That's usually the 'I decided this second that I'm hungry and I'm going to act like you've neglected to feed me all day' cry. which usually means, Oh, it's been an hour since I've eaten.

It's wonderful to have Scott around. I'm savoring every evening and weekend. Soon enough he will be back in school, but we are savoring every minute. I can already see that Levi is going to be best friends with him. They are going to be two peas in a pod. Our favorite activity is sitting on our blanket under the big tree that's near our home. Levi LOVES the outdoors, it's the only place he's content to just hang out without being held.

I see this look on his face ALOT. 



And...because I can't stop, we did a second photo session. 

Seriously, does it get any cuter than that?








No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!