Liberty Takes Cincinnati

In order to have a memorable and exciting summer, you can't just expect it to happen. You have to do fun things, and especially hang around fun people. Well, that's exactly what I decided to do this past weekend. Welcome to the 1st edition of: Liberty Takes Cincinnati

Liberty came and visited from Sunday until Tuesday morning. We had so much fun! The only thing missing was our newly wed sister. I was sad not having Lydia around, but I'm always jealous of all the time they get to spend together, I thought it would be nice to invite Lib down so we can explore Cincinnati and hang by the pool.

We started out our epic two day hang out with some downtown fun with mexican food at NADA and fountain square, which included a pan handler cat calling us for half a block...while Scott was with us. Ahhhh, I love the city life. 




(Fish Tacos at Nada on the veranda)


(I love this girl!)
(New Tradition: One must drink out of the drinkable water fountains)


After a a long afternoon of chilling on the couch and a massive CASTLE tv show marathon, we took a walk into Honeysuckle Woods and watched the sun go down over the licking river valley. To my excitement, I found out that Liberty had never had La Rosa's pizza, a born and raised, Cincinnati staple! So, to end the day, we ordered some La Rosa's and watched copious amounts of CASTLE.

(flower child)






On monday, we relaxed by the pool for the first part of the day, which was absolutely fantastic. We spent most of the time talking about our world travels. I love that she's 18 and we can talk about being in so many different parts of the world. I think she caught on to my wanderlust. It's funny, when I first went to Europe at 16, she was infuiated that dad wouldn't let her go on adventures....she was only 8! But now, 10 years later, she has been to Burkina Faso, Belguim and France! I'm hoping she can add Morocco next year. I'm such a proud sister. 

We had lunch at my favorite Thai Restaurant, Siam Orchid. We meandered over to Schneider's Home Made Sweet Shop and bought some yummy candies, and even stopped at our Military Surplus store and bought ourselves some vintage Marine jackets! OORAH!



(I will never defeat the chopsticks!)









Our time went WAY too fast. We ended with some burgers on grill and at on the porch and finished out season 1 of Castle, Lib is a bit obsessed now! Hopefully Lib will get to come spend another weekend this year, so stay tuned for Liberty Takes Cincinnati: Part 2!!

Oh...and if you were wondering how the kits took to Liberty (because I KNOW you were...), they are FINALLY warming up to people, I'm so excited! Liberty even got to rub Remy's tummy!

(Remy wasn't happy I vacuumed the floors before her arrival)

(Rory was so exhausted that he full on planked the wall
and fell asleep)

Until next time...

Lauren Marie






No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!