Bumpdate {28 Weeks} Hello third trimester!


Weeks: 28 Weeks! Third Trimester. Where has time gone???

Baby is the size of a: Tropical Coconut! He's probably hanging out around 2 lbs right now.

Cravings: I just want to eat everything, but I'm trying really really hard not to! I did make a cookie dough dip out of chickpeas the other day. I know that sounds gross, but it actually tastes like cookie dough!



Sunday marked our first official day of the third trimester. Can you believe it? It seems like so much of my pregnancy I was wishing for it to speed up and wondering where my bump was. Well, now the bump is here and giant and I'm staring down only 12 weeks left! *gulp* I honestly can't tell you how excited we are. I love just sitting on the couch feeling him move around. It's bizarre when the movements go from just kicks to actually feeling his limbs move along my belly. It's bizarre. I'm definitely not used to it, but I'm totally loving it! Of course, he is always most active when I go to bed, which is great for Scott, so he can bond with him. I love watching him talk to my belly. I'm so excited to watch him be a dad, he is going to be so incredible. His love for our son is already pouring out of him.

To celebrate the start of the third trimester, Scott took a break from studying and we did some major prep for baby. We slept in, drank coffee and spent a lot of time on the internet planning our nursery. It was really fun. I think we have chosen or furniture and how we want our nursery to be laid out. It's really difficult to plan in such a small home. We want to have a dedicated room for the nursery, but there's just no getting around the fact that we have a few things that we can't put anywhere else. But we will make it work. We had a Cambodian lunch near the Flatiron building and spent some time at Home Depot. A support beam under our bed broke, so Scott fixed that. We spent the rest of the evening purging a bunch of stuff from our second room. Which is easier said than done. We have A LOT of stuff. Since we were never willing to commit to a permanent stay in NYC, we kept a lot of things that we would want once we moved away. I don't regret it, but it makes organizing a bit difficult. Oh, and I have WAY to many shoes, clothes and accessories. I think I'm going to have to have a serious discussion with myself on a bunch of stuff that I own. Maybe for every accessory I pitch, I can buy a children's book or something..right? right?? :) So, I'm really excited about what our nursery can be. Hopefully we can make it out to Ikea soon and just buy everything at once. I'm ready to have a nursery!



Well, here's to hoping the next 12 weeks are smooth, Scott finishes school, and we can prep everything in a timely manner. I'm thanking God every day for this miracle. I feel so incredibly blessed that I can have this experience. Sometimes I still can't wrap my head around all that is happening. It's such a crazy, emotional and wonderful time. God is good, isn't he?


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!