The San Diego Zoo!!


Midway through our babymoon, we hopped in our car (can I just say that I can't wait to own a car again???) and drove south to San Diego and spent the day at the zoo. If you know me, you know I LOVE LOVE LOVE the zoo. When our little one is old enough, we are definitely getting a season pass to the nearest zoo!

I've heard it's one of the very best zoos in the country, so it was obviously a babymoon priority. It was a perfect day, 70 degrees and a bit overcast, so Scott didn't have to worry about getting burnt. (hehe) Here are some photos we snapped during our trip. :)


The Giant Pandas were basically the main reason we made it a priority to visit the zoo. 
Scott had never seen one, and I saw them once in 1992, when The Columbus Zoo hosted 2 of them for the year. (I was 4 1/2 and I remember going with my dad)

This is Xiao Liwu (shyaoww lee woo), born in 2012. 
His parents (Bai Yun and Gao Gao) weren't out that day, they were trying to make more babies!





The skytram is part of the ticket price, and a nice way to get from one side of the zoo to the other.

Koalas are one of my very favorite animals ever.
The zoo has over 20 Koalas, the largest of any zoo outside of Australia! 
This is definitely the best Koala enclosure I have ever seen. :)






They take their Llama out for a walk everyday. 

We LOVED their Giraffe enclosure, and they had a ton of them! 
You could get so close. They were definitely ready to pose for the camera.







So, we loved this little guy. The more I've learned about Cheetahs, the more I realize that I would love to have one as a pet (seriously). Isn't he precious?


This is Ranchipur. He's an Asian elephant, and the only male elephant at the zoo.
Look at those impressive tusks!!




This is Flynn. He is currently the only Red Panda at the zoo. His partner, Lilly, was transferred to another zoo because they wouldn't mate. They plan to bring another girl for him, but they said he really likes to have the whole place to himself!

Meerkat




We stopped by the petting zoo. Who is wearing pregnancy better, me or her? 
She's a champ. It was funny watching her waddle everywhere.

Galapagos Tortoise. This was definitely one of Scott's favorite!


Scott tried to make friends with the female Peacock. haha




After about 6 hours of walking around (quite a feat for 6 1/2 months pregnant, I should think!), we got to the car and I declared that I needed ice cream...like now! So we made an impromptu trip to San Diego's Old Town, which was only a few minutes away. I didn't know what to expect. All I knew was that it was historical and worth a visit....and it had Cold Stone Creamery! Stay Tuned! :)






1 comment:

  1. I want to see a panda so bad, they are my favorite! He is so precious.

    ReplyDelete