It finally happened, Liberty finally made it to hang out! woot woot! She came with Brad and Lydia for New Years when we first moved. It was an awesome marathon trip in the coldest weather ever! (Here and Here you can check out our awesome trek around NYC freezing our buns off). She was on spring break from the Naval Academy and decided to hang out with me during her time off. So, we figured, March, first day of spring, it should be pretty decent out...right? Totally wrong. The day she arrived, it was gorgeous, but we decided to just chill on the couch. The next day it SNOWED....ALOT. But that didn't dampen our spirits, we trekked around town Friday and Saturday in search of good food. You know she's a sister of mine when her only requests are: Good food, Macaroons, and Gelato. Done, Done and Done. So, we basically gave her a culinary tour of the city. We tried to take her to mostly new places she hadn't been too, but of course, we still made room for BRGR. Then we hit up the Times Square AMC and saw Cinderella. Guys, it was a precious movie!
Anyway, Here are a few pics from the weekend. On Saturday, while we were on the Staten Island Ferry, I got out my Nikon to snap a photo....and lo and behold, I was lugging around that heavy piece of equipment, and there was no SD card in it. Oh well, at least I had my iPhone, right?
It is NEVER too cold for Gelato.
Freezing...at least I have a little heater in me..right?
Of course, we had to stop at L'aduree. :) yuuum!
After a delish lunch of Gyros, we stopped into NYC's famed Strand Books. This place was incredible and never ending. We loved their classic book section. I ever picked up the most precious mini Winnie the Pooh board books.
We will trek out in anything for KOKO wings.
Visiting the 9/11 memorial for the first time
Late night grocery shopping.
Snapchatting her guy. :) makes me happy!
Times Square
It was so great to see her! I'm hoping to see her again in the city this June for baby's delivery! We shall see! Here are the places we ate: I realize we need to start branching out and find new places once it gets warm. We definitely have our favorites.
Geisha Sushi- We sat at the sushi bar and watched the sushi artist work. He made some awesome sushi! We shared a bunch of Crab Rangoon, Sushi and Pad Thai.
Mama Gyro- So far, these are the best gyros in town! Plus, you can't go wrong with Feta and Oregano fries.
Koko Wings- Korean Chicken Wings and Kimchi Coleslaw. Need I say more? I ALWAYS overeat when I'm there.
Brother Jimmy's BBQ- I love this slice of south in the city. Pulled Pork and Cheerwine. That's what you need for a great meal.
BRGR- Grass fed beef is so amazing. Scott and I love the Beautiful Day burger, Liberty steps it up with the Rain forest Burger (Gruyere, Avocado, Mayo, Lettuce and Tomato). I might get that next time!
AMC theaters Snack Bar- we broke the bank here. we had SO many candy options during the movie!
Thanks for stopping by!











such a fun recap! i love visitors more than anything!!!
ReplyDeletexo welltraveledwife.com