2nd Annual DeHart Anniversary: Nashville

Last year, for our 2nd anniversary, I wasn't sure if we could top Chicago, because it was so fun, but I wanted to do something that neither of us had done before, I wanted to go on another adventure...soo...

Nashville here we come!!! Now, I'm not gonna lie and say that I was a huge country fan, it has grown on me though. Right now, I am really into Lady Antebellum and The Band Perry. Anyway, I thought it would be a great to experience a different culture (honky tonk culture haha) and of course, a different city. We spent two nights there and we packed so much fun into that time! It did rain part of the time, but we weren't going to let that dampen our spirits.



The first night, we went to Nashville's Broadway, where it's all happening. There are TONS of restaurants, bars, Cowboy boot shops, live bands and every waitress is a musician trying to make it big down there. It was such a different experience than I was used to, we ate at a bar and grill where we ordered barbecue, and listened to a live band play all the classic country songs. So much fun!

Love this guy!!!



Barbecue!!!
We stopped in an old timey candy store
 I was mesmerized by all the candy! 
Of course, we had breakfast at Starbucks, I had my Apple Fritter and Pumpkin Spice Latte!





We spent the first part of the next day at the Country Music Hall of Fame. They had exhibits full of things from singer's personal lives. They had everything from Patsy Cline's hairbrush from the plane wreckage that took her life, to Elvis Presley's gold encrusted Cadillac, to Taylor Swift's first MacBook and all her outfits from her 'Speak Now Tour'. Very cool. There were tons of stuff and it took hours to get through.

Country Music Hall of fame


Records that went Gold and Platinum- these lined many walls of the museum.
Taylor Swift's guitar and Dress
From her Speechless Tour




We also made our way to Vanderbilt University, just a few minutes north of downtown. Everyone we talked to said that it was a must see. They were totally right! The park that sits on campus is absolutely gorgeous and right in the middle, stands a full size replica of the Parthenon in Athen's Greece. It was magnificent! I can't wait to see the actual Parthenon someday. It was fascinating, because the original is in such ruin that there's not much to it now, compared to it's original glory. We toured inside which even had a full size Athena (Goddess of War and Wisdom). If anyone is driving through Nashville, I would highly recommend taking a pit stop and seeing this place. It's truly a site to behold!

We visited Vanderbilt's campus, which is gorgeous
and houses a full sized replica of the Parthenon in Athen's Greece



Replica of the Parthenon- Magnificent!
Just like the original, this Parthenon is home to a  very large sculpture of
Athena, Goddess of War and Wisdom

The last morning, before we left, we had breakfast at an adorable French Cafe. I thoroughly enjoyed my Mocha, Quiche and toast. Yum! After a nice morning, we headed back home and jammed the whole time to Country music!





We drove back and in HUGE rainstorm!

The best part, was spending one on one time with the love of my life. :) 

xoxo

Lauren Marie

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!