 |
| The Lake |
Last weekend I went camping with a bunch of women! Yeah, it was as awesome as it sounds. For the first time ever, our church, planned a women's retreat. I was really excited to go, even though we have been going to this church for a year, there were still a lot of girls I hadn't met, and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to meet some new friends and grow closer to Christ.
Carley, Briana, Sarah and I packed up on Friday and drove 45 minutes north of the city to Camp Kirkwood. This little piece of heaven as been around for 50 years, and it's complete with a pond, acres and acres of woods, a creek, GREAT FOOD, and some archery! We had a wonderful speaker, a pastor's wife from an Acts 29 network church in Omaha, Nebraska. She talked about friendship and how it looks through Christ and how to redeem it. It was really nice to have a refresher and a reminder of God's love and to grow closer to women in christ.
 |
This weekend I discovered S'mores with Reeses Peanut Butter Cups! Where have they been all my life?! |
 |
| Me and my wonderful friend Carley! |
 |
| Morning Walk from the cabins to breakfast |
 |
Archery Pals! We were trying to be Katniss (We even had braids like Katniss!) (Carley, Melissa, Me, Danielle) |
 |
| They got me!! |
|
 |
| Carley and I explored the creek and came across this swimming hole |
It was such a fun weekend! I can't wait until next year!
No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!