 |
| 3 year anniversary! |
After an
AMAZING afternoon at the Kentucky Horse Park, we made our way an hour south east of Lexington to the middle of nowhere, also known as The Red River Gorge and the Natural Bridge State Park. We spent Friday evening just relaxing around the cabin, we were exhausted from our day with horses. We successfully made a fire and roasted hot dogs, made s'mores and acted like Pyros all night. There are few things I love more in the world than a good bonfire and just sitting around it talking to my best friend. I absolutely love the cabin we stay in. I wouldn't stay in any other cabin down here. It is the perfect size, it is the last cabin on the trail and at the top of the mountain. nobody can see our hear us and it's gorgeous. We are completely surrounded by trees, except for the space directly above us, and we can enjoy the millions of stars in the night sky. The cabin not only houses our necessities, but it is also perfect for people like us who LOVE nature, but don't feel like we have to 'rough it' to enjoy it. It comes fully equipped with a kitchen (perfect for making pizza our second night), comfortable seating, a flatscreen with Direct TV (which isn't used much, but sometimes you just need to chill after a day of kayaking or Horseback Riding!), the loft hosts our king size bed and a Jacuzzi bathtub. Outside we have a fire pit and a hot tub! It's the perfect cabin. We call it 'our cabin'. haha

On Saturday, we woke up late, made bacon and eggs and ate in the morning air. After lounging around for the first part of the day, we put on our swimsuits and headed to the gorge for an afternoon of kayaking! I haven't been kayaking in about 7 years and Scott had never been, so we were really excited to get on the water! The water level was a bit low in places so we had to get out and walk through the 'rapids', but we didn't mind, the water felt good and it was all part of the adventure! We finally made it to the swimming hole a few miles up where a few people had gathered to hang out and jump off a huge rock. Probably the craziest part of the whole trip was when we arrived at the swimming hole, in the absolute middle of nowhere, where cellphones couldn't be be used, I found a long lost friend! Back in grade school, I was best friends with a girl at church named Sarah, and about 15 years ago, her family moved away, I hadn't seen her about 13 years, since I was 12 or so! We kept looking at each other and finally she asked who I was, we couldn't believe it, so much time had passed and so much had changed! You really don't know who you might run into in the middle of nowhere!
We spent the rest of the time, relaxing, building fires, chilling in the hot tub, being in nature and just enjoying each other's company.
 |
| Bacon and Eggs for breakfast outside |
 |
Inside our cabin view from our lofted bedroom (with a jacuzzi tub!) |
 |
| Leaf Bugs were everywhere! |
 |
Nada Tunnel 1 lane road through the mountain originally for trains |
 |
| Let's go kayaking!! |
 |
| Taking a rest |
 |
| Me and my friend Sarah! |
 |
| A swing bridge over the gorge |
 |
| DEHART! |
 |
| Look what Scott found and caught! |
 |
| Scott blowing into the fire to get it going |
 |
| Cooking Hotdogs by the fire! |
 |
| In the woods behind our cabin |
 |
| Natural Bridge State Park |
Here's to an
incredible 3 year anniversary trip!!! I couldn't have imagined it turning out better than it did. After the year we've had it was so nice to get away from everything and just relax and take a step back from the hustle and bustle of life. I'm already excited about next year's anniversary trip, it is going to be
epic!!
Thanks Scott for 3 amazing years of marriage! I can't wait to celebrate more in the coming years! xoxoxoxoxoxo
Love,
Lauren Marie
No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!